What is Glycolic acid?
Glycolic acid is a typical ingredient found in shallow and medium profundity chemical peels. Glycolic corrosive (GA) is gotten from the sugarcane plant and is an alpha-hydroxy acid , a sort of chemical exfoliator that when applied to the skin, bogs away dead surface cells to uncover firmer, more youthful, and smoother skin underneath. Glycolic acid is likewise oftentimes found in over-the-counter skincare items in concentrations ranging from 5-30%. At the point when utilized for chemical peeling, convergences of glycolic corrosive are a lot higher, ordinarily between 30-70%. While there are numerous DIY and at-home glycolic acid compound strip packs accessible, it is in every case best to look for administration from an authorized proficient to guarantee best outcomes.
How Does a Glycolic Acid Peel Work?
Glycolic acid peels bog off the surface and center layers of skin, eliminating dead skin cells and garbage.
Since glycolic acid is comprised of little particles, it promptly enters skin, eliminating the lipids that hold dead skin cells together. The level of glycolic corrosive contained in the peel determines how profoundly it can enter the skin’s layers.
Glycolic acid additionally relaxes and lifts abundance oil from hair follicle roots, which is the reason it’s regularly used to treat skin break out.
If you’re interested in a Glycolic Peel treatment, consult our skilled dermatologist in Lansing or Mt. Pleasant, Michigan.
Benefits of using a glycolic acid peel
- It is named as a ‘lunchtime peel’ because of the short duration it requires to complete the treatment.
- It restores the skin and helps in the skin recovery measure. .
- The dull and harmed top layer of the skin is peeled removing the tan with it.
- It presents new skin to the surface giving your face a new and brilliant appearance.
- It lightens sun spots, freckles, age spots, hyperpigmented areas, and acne marks.
- Another advantage of glycolic acid is that it improves collagen production in the skin and makes the skin more flexible.
- It can lighten superficial melasma.
- It assists with replenish the lost dampness in the skin.
- The appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, the two common signs of aging, is also reduced as collagen production improves and the elasticity of the skin is restored with the absorbed moisture.
- Dry and flaky skin is likewise shed with this peel leaving the skin smooth.
- As the exfoliation process removes dead skin and dirt, the skin pores that were blocked with these impurities get unclogged causing a reduction in the pore size. Large pores that appear prominently on the skin become less noticeable.
- Unclogged pores also mean that the chances of acne breakouts are reduced as accumulated dead skin cells are removed during the peel.
Important Reminder: All potential procedures and treatment options should always be discussed with your dermatologists after a thorough examination and consultation for precise diagnosis and treatment plan.
WHY SAFE HEALTH PC?
Its been our patients and their kind recommendations that have kept us going for 60+ years. Staying in tune with our patients is so important to us that we send a satisfaction survey after every visit so we can grow and evolve along with your needs. Please read below to see what our patients have to say about us.
My visit with Dr. Saif Fatteh was possibly one best experience I’ve had with any skin specialist. Beginning from the front desk to the medical technicians, his staff is all very courteous and pleasant. Dr. Fatteh took his time to discuss all my concerns and answered all my queries patiently. If you are searching for a good dermatologist, I highly recommend Dr. Fatteh.
Safe Health PC is outstanding! I visited there with challenging and old acne that was not getting cured! I tried many other skin doctors in Lansing and their medications did not work at all. In fact my acne got even worse. Their treatment was very effective and my acnes start reducing. My skin is looking great again. Their prices are very reasonable for the amazing care I got!
I would definitely recommend Safe Health PC. I got my Botox treatment done from this clinic and it was perfect. Dr. Fatteh gave me all the information regarding the procedure. The procedure was a success and the results were amazing. My skin looks younger now and wrinkles are gone. I am definitely looking forward to my next sitting.
The information contained on safehealthcenter.com is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be relied upon for any medical or diagnostic purpose, or for the treatment of any condition or symptom. This information is subject to change without notice and should not be considered current, complete, or exhaustive. You should refrain from relying on such information to recommend a course of treatment for you or any other individual without consulting our experts.